In this lesson, you will learn how to create a post-closing voucher under the Opening Entry and Closing of Books section in Parsimony.com.
A post-closing voucher is a financial document created after the closing of the accounting books. It records adjusting entries and other financial transactions that occur after the closing process. These entries ensure that the financial statements accurately reflect the company’s financial position.
To create a post-closing voucher in Parsimony.com, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Parsimony.com account and select the “Opening Entry and Closing of Books” option from the main menu.
- Click on the “Create Post-Closing Voucher” button.
- Enter the date for the post-closing voucher and select the accounting period.
- Choose the account you want to adjust, and enter the amount and description of the adjustment.
- Click on the “Save” button to create the post-closing voucher.
- After creating the post-closing voucher, review it to ensure accuracy.
- Once you have reviewed and confirmed the voucher, you can post it to the general ledger.
With these simple steps, you can create a post-closing voucher and ensure that your financial statements are up to date and accurate.